Time Trial Details
We hold a 17.4-km time trial every Tuesday evening from May through August, rain or shine – the riders decide whether it’s too wet to race. Open to all age categories of cyclists and paracyclists.
Date: Every Tuesday evening from May through August
Time: Sign on at 6 PM, Racing at 7 PM (6:00 and 6:30 for the last two weeks in August)
Location: Registration/start/finish at Cy Hampson Park in North Saanich near Sidney, B.C. on Lochside Avenue between Mount Newton Cross Road and the McTavish Road Interchange
Parking: Effective Tuesday, May 30, 2017, time trial cyclists are banned from parking in the two parking lots in Cy Hampson Park. Riders who park in these lots will not be permitted to ride the Tuesday time trial. Please park in one of the locations below, and ride to the registration/start/finish in Cy Hampson Park.
- Lochside Drive 400 m north of Cy Hampson Park on the east side at the S-curve.
- Amity Drive 700 m south of Cy Hampson Park.
- McTavish Interchange park & ride lot on the west side of Hwy 17 with bike bridge to the time trial course (1 km north of Cy Hampson).
- Lochside Frontage Road east of the McTavish Interchange (1 km north of Cy Hampson).
- Lochside Drive waterfront parking lots 2 km north of Cy Hampson.
- Newman Park parking lot on the east side of Lochside Drive 2 km south of Cy Hampson.
A minimum of 3 rides per season are required to win a category.
Insurance: Every rider MUST show proof of insurance – a Cycling BC Race License, a UCI/CCA Race Licence, or a BC Ride Licence. If you don’t have one of these, you must buy one at www.cyclingbc.net and bring it to the time trial. We no longer sell licences at the time trial. Riders without proof of insurance cannot ride the time trial.
Parent/Guardian consent form for riders under 18 years of age: 2018-parental-consent-form
Cost: $5 per time trial or $50 for the season. Free for under age 19.